Event marketing and communications
In the summer of 2022, Canny was engaged to be the PR and communications partner for the Three Counties Defence and Security Expo (3CDSE), which encompassed a dinner, industry day and expo.
3CDSE is an expo targeted at defence and security SMEs who develop products and services aimed at the specialist user. The event was originally aimed at businesses in the three counties of Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire due to the high prevalence of such organisations within the region but quickly gained a national and international reach. 3CDSE recognised that Canny’s intimate understanding of this context positioned us perfectly to drive attendance to this event.
- A media strategy that directly resulted in coverage for 3CDSE and exhibitors in publications such as Battlespace and Shephard.
- This media strategy also included a crisis management procedure, which had to be implemented on the day of the event due to pressure from protestors, and resulted in balanced coverage in the local media.
- Photography and videography to ensure that both exhibitors and the event organisers had plenty of content to drive sales.
- The writing and distribution of marketing emails.
- Copy for 3CDSE’s website, including a carefully researched thought piece.
- A comprehensive social media plan for 3CDSE, including the curation of relevant content. This took the form of posts of varying frequency, reshares and a wide range of purpose-created images and videos.
- We also organised and hosted an ‘innovation showcase’ that allowed smaller SMEs an opportunity to demonstrate their capabilities to a receptive audience.
This robust and all-encompassing comms strategy resulted in a substantial increase in social media engagement and website views for 3CDSE. By effectively utilising 3CDSE’s social media presence and curating compelling content, the event was a roaring success.
Views of 3CDSE’s LinkedIn page experienced a significant increase, with mobile views increasing by 751%, and desktop views by 821% between September and October. The engagement rate also showed substantial growth, rising by 252% in August. Organic impressions peaked in October, reaching 144% more than in previous months.
Canny has been asked to continue as PR and comms partner for the event as it enters its latest evolution as the Specialist Defence and Security Convention (SDSC).